9.04.2007

Cherrimony

It is fewer than 20 days until our ceremony!! I'm getting more and more excited, in spite of a two-week funk caused by my father's horrible reaction to the event. Good timing on his part though -- he waited until a month before even though he's had... Oh, THIRTEEN YEARS to prepare. I've decided not to waste any more time being all sad about it now. There will be lots of time to figure out how to deal with that later.

For now, the to-do list is slowly getting shorter.I finally found the perfect dress and we ordered some rings from a great local jeweler who reminds me of Johnny's old boss in Philly.

I'm feeling really lucky and grateful to have such a great partner and wonderful people in my life. Thanks to all of you who have been so supportive all these years, and now, when it seems like I really need you more than ever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Egads-- 20 days already?!
I think it's wonderful and don't let your dad get you down when the day comes. Congrats in advance to you both!

Unknown said...

This post made me a little vaclempt. I am feeling pretty lucky to know such a wonderful couple who are so awesome together. I'm so excited about going to O Hi O!

Bevin said...

It is so sad to hear that your dad is pulling some BS. I am sorry about that. You guys are rockstars and deserve every happiness and I cannot wait to see the dress you picked out!

I am ordering mine from the internets but haven't chosen it yet and it is nice to hear that someone is buying theirs at what the bridal industry would call the last minute ever possible! I have people in my office shocked I haven't picked my dress yet, 8 months out. Crikey.

dewey said...

i know, total jerkinator move. it's usually a good sign when i start talking about it though -- it means i have dealt with it, at least on some level!

i'm going to try and get a photo of the dress in advance to post, but would that be ruining anything? Johnny was there when i got it, so it's not an issue in that sense.

Scootking said...

wooohoo, just say 'jump' and we will say 'how high!'