8.04.2005

The best kind of mail

Johnny got a letter from her school yesterday telling her that she has been awarded a merit scholarship!! It will cover over half of her (expensive) tuition. They were really impressed with her portfolio, so now I am extra-extra excited about the school thing for her. Congratulations!!

We tried to have a celebratory dinner, but she didn't like what she ordered and then we severely botched a well-intentioned game of pool. We decided that we'd have another try at it, because it wasn't very successful. (the dinner, maybe not the pool)

For the first time ever, I dropped off laundry yesterday. I feel only slightly nervous about it, but the woman at the 'mat was very nice. Do any of you drop off your laundry? How much do you pay per pound usually? This one was 1.05/pound for next-day service. Should we shop around?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about a nice warm glass of shut the hell up.........

<3
j. gordon

p.s. i am cancelling my aol service before i leave for michigan. perhaps you can send me an evite to my newer e-mail address: jordan at insightriot dot net.

Bevin said...

I would love to drop off my laundry but I am so picky about the way my shirts are done I don't know if it would work.

There's an 8.00 for the first 7 pounds, plus 75 cents each add'l at the cheapest mat in my hood.

Anonymous said...

blame bevin.

p.s. maybe jess should change her blog name to 'lame girl who rarely calls j. gordon'