6.25.2005

Harrassment sucks: Festivals are fun

After a sad day at work, we went for sushi and then to Aimy's house for card games. I was so sleepy, and around midnight we headed home. We found a parking spot a few blocks away and when we turned the corner, we encounted Drunk Frat Guy and Friend about half a block behind us. He yelled "hey ladies" and we ignored him, which made him mad (apparently) so he started talking about my ass and calling Johnny names, including "lesbian", "dyke", "sir", and (my personal favorites) "second-class citizen" and "L-E-S-B-I-N-A". After a few full minutes of this, Johnny finally started yelling back. Then came the physical threats.

We got in the building and locked the door. When we were going up the stairs, we heard him yelling through the door.

What the effing eff? I have never been harassed so many times as i have since we lived here. It is one thing i will definitely not miss about Philadelphia.

One thing i will miss, however, are the neighborhood arts festivals. Johnny, Aimy, Jessity and I went to the West Oak Lane Arts and Jazz festival today. We saw some great artwork, Aimy was the test subject for some wonderfully scented body butter, and we ate yummy food and water ice. I will go to festivals in Ohio, but they surely won't have water ice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool that you got to go to the Oak Lane Jazz Festival.

But "lesbina"? really? How ignorant. I'm sick and tired of the stupid people who have nothing better to do than to yell moronic things.