6.14.2005

Utilities Be Gone

I just called to disconnect the phone and DSL. I am currently on hold with the dish people and they have a hard sell program in place, obviously. They have asked me about forty-two times whether I want to put my account on “hold for five dollars a month. No, ten dollars a month.” Um, no thanks.

We got invited to our first social engagement in Ohio yesterday. Our friends recently bought a house and they invited us to their housewarming party. Whee! My sister is also having a baby shower on July 10, so I guess that is actually two things to look forward to. Aside from not working for two weeks.

I went through some things we were going to sell at the (now defunct) yard sale and here are today’s offerings: a variety of handbags and shoulder bags -- a crazy candle lamp made of black metal and chain mail, inset with [glass] jewels! You want that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am teaching the cataloging class this summer