11.22.2005

Goodbye to sweatpants and two-liters

Some of you might have guessed that I am a little less than enchanted with my job. Maybe "cataloging factory" tipped you off? Well, I have been keeping my options open in that actively-looking kind of way. Long story short, I completely scored a tenure-track gig at the university located less than 2 miles from my house. When I got home from work, Johnny totally presented me with this gorgeous bouquet made ENTIRELY of flowers from our yard:

All that beauty, and in November!!

So I will start in January and I will again be able to wear a skirt or dress shoes without being overdressed. I haven't told the current job yet, so don't say anything. I plan to give them at least 3-4 weeks notice, but I have a feeling they will be weird about my departure. I will certainly let you know how it goes.

On Saturday I went back to yoga the first time in months and I am still a little sore in the shoulder region. After that, we watched the football game and ate pizza. Sunday, we went to breakfast when The Goddess called and told us that she and The Man are totally getting married. Johnny can fully take credit for this relationship--ever since she invited The Man over for an introductory "cookout" and he completely brought fish kabobs. What a great move on his part, especially since The Goddess is a food snob. Congratulations you guys!

Today Zoey went to the vet to have her reproductive organs surgically removed. There was a bit of trouble finding the place this morning which resulted in frantic phone calls from Johnny trying to get directions before she was late for class at 8. I picked her up (Zoey, not Johnny) at 4:30 and she was stumbling about like she'd had a few too many glasses of bubbly. Her eyes were all droopy and she walked really slow. I thought for a minute she might try to drink-and-dial someone from her past. She didn't, but she did get sick in my backseat.

All that, and we are supposed to get an inch of snow tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job!
Hope you and Johnny have a great Thanksgiving.

Bevin said...

OMG so much good news!! The Goddess, no longer living in sin!! You, glamour job and public transit!! Johnny, knee surgery she is excited about!! Zoey's going to be fine, Macy was sooooo pathetic after for a few days but she is such a darling poo pie that she powered through it.

Zoey will have a dog sweater sooner than later.