11.07.2005

Heartbreak hotel

I watched the Eagles LOSE HORRIBLY last night in a heartbreaking effort. I was glad to see that Mr. Mean was suspended and that rookie got a chance to makes some plays. Who needs that jerk anyway?

Also, I watched a segment on 60 minutes which leads me to conclude that Tom Brady might be a robot.

Football aside.
Zoey ran away on Friday night around 6 (damn heat!) and we wandered, then drove around the neighborhood for about 2 hours trying to catch up with her. Each time we would approach her, she ran away. There were a couple of occasions where one of us would reach out to grab her and she would basically scream, like we were going to beat her or something. It was so sad...I feel like she may have been abused before. I have tried to block her way through a door with my foot and she would yelp because she thought i was going to kick her. Very sad indeed.

So anyway, we caught up with her in someone's yard where she was probably trying to get some action from the dogs who live there. I called her and she just jumped into the back of the truck, like nothing had happened. Yesterday we went to the devil-Lowe's and got some materials to fix the gate (which was broken from the burglary) and the fence where she had broken out. They only sell gigantic sections of fence, so we had to buy one and cut it down in the parking lot because it wouldn't fit in the truck. It is all done now, and we have a newly secured gate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

T.O. must go!

I'd love to have that recipe for your butternut squash stew, if it's possible.

yeah, and this heat is making my immune system confused.

Anonymous said...

i haven't been posting because i don't want my livejournal to become a pity party. i've been a little bit depressed lately as i've discussed with christie. don't fret, i'll start posting soon.

and, per the phone conversation that christie and i had yesterday, i'm seriously thinking about taking the leap to columbus. we'll see. i plan on coming to visit around new year's eve at least.

Anonymous said...

i updated my livejournal just for you.....

waterlilysage said...

me too on the stew.

football is just painful, especially when the damn game STARTS AT 8:30 AT NIGHT. i had to go to bed 3/4ths of the way through. even with guests in my livingroom eating freshly baked apple pie.

dogger sadness. no one should kick the doggers.