2.13.2006

showtime

The show was so fun. I don't know if it was any good, but I had a great time.

We were there just on time, and I got together with my co-mc's to discuss our strategies. It was a valentine's theme, so the numbers were divided into break up songs and love songs. I decided to dress the theme, so I wore a break-up outfit for the first half which was basically a slinky black number (no photo), and I dressed as a love-princess for the second half. Here's a shot of me and Lacey Coxx, where I am in the princess 'fit:

Leo and I decided to plan a Taboo style game with the conversation hearts (inspired by Bevin) and to spice it up some, we tried to write tiny little words on some of them, for fun.
I asked Leo, "Do they have to be about Valentine's day?"
She said, "well, about love, or sex, or whatever" so I wrote
    Give me my pants
on one. that one was a real hit.

Our number was at the end of the first half, and the crowd was fully into it. I wish I had thought to recruit someone to take a photo, but I didn't, but I will tell you this: involved a toaster oven, girl push-ups, and iron-on letters on shirts and underwear.
Here's a post-number shot of Lacey and me. Please note the leg warmers and white cowboy boots (which she got for $9 + shipping on ebay! woo!):


So johnny sang the debra, which was awesome. here's a shot of us before she got too drunk:

Please note the wild look in my eyes.

There was much drinking, and even some inappropriate behavior from johnny's coworker. then we were ready to go, but our stuff was locked backstage. while i waited at the bar for the key, there was some hilarity happening back there. I got there just in time:


I want to take this moment to mention the nail polish on jake's hand. In case you can't see it, here is a close up.


She showed me how she felt about it:


On the way home, we got some White Castle fried cheese, and drank-n-dialed The Jesserson. So fun.

1 comment:

Bevin said...

Listen. Drinking and dialing should be happening UNTO ME!!

Also, I miss you and that looked like fun and give me some notice because I'll fly out for a show sometime!!