6.14.2006

I read that

I finished the Da Vinci Code shortly after we got back from Philly (no, there won't be any philly photos in this post) and I don't see what all the fuss is about. Even if all that jazz was true, I don't think it would "shake the foundations of christianity." There are actually scholars who are spending time refuting the claims made in the novel. I also saw a church sign that was having a Da Vinci Code-refuting themed sermon. That just seems weird.

Speaking of shaking the foundations, Johnny and I have embarked on a mission to eradicate all traces of whining from our dog. She has a bad whining habit, so we've starting actively ignoring her when she does it. This involves turning our backs and walking away from her a lot. Or covering our heads with the blankets while holding perfectly still so she can't possibly interpret anything we do as reinforcement. It seems to be working pretty well, except for a minute ago when she parked herself next to me on the couch and whined into the back of my head for about 30 seconds straight. Such a baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's so hard to ignore them when they're that cute...