7.19.2006

as if i needed something else to do

Does anyone know how to get livejournal posts into an rss feed? I know that livejournal wants you to use their "friends" feature, but i want them to come to me.

I read this post by Meredith Farkas, which I imagine you've already seen if you read any library blogs at all. It's interesting and got me thinking about developing a proposal for teaching a big-picture-librarian-technology-skills course at the alma mater. Do any of you know if any of the courses currently available are covering these topics? Do you know if anything is in the works over there?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this on the LJ FAQ pages:

http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=149

Let me know if for some reason it doesn't work for you...

xo

Anonymous said...

If you're using Bloglines, you can just use the person's URL([name].livejournal.com) to search and it'll come right up-- or else click on "add" then click on "communities" and you'll see a space to type in the LJer's user name.

I can't subscribe to any more weblog services-- I can barely keep track with the ones I have!

dewey said...

aah, librarians. Always so helpful!