7.03.2006

Mulch Mania

Yesterday Johnny and I got a good 7 hours of yard work in.

Our day wasn't planned that way -- we were on our way to Our New Filmmaker Friend's house and there were these nice flat rocks stacked out in the alley by someone's trash. They were placed there quite neatly, with the sides all prettily aligned so I was concerned that they were actually in a holding pattern for a project. Johnny stopped the truck and I looked through the slats onto a very lovely backyard. I ran through a neighboring yard and went to the front door where I was told that we could completely have them. We loaded them up and went to Lowe's for mulch and now we have a trail of stepping stones through the backyard to cover the dirt road that Zoey had worn into the grass. Nine big bags of mulch later, we really have a lot more to do but it looks pretty good so far.

You have to check back tomorrow to see the photo. It was dark by the time we finished and I couldn't get a good shot.

No comments: