9.11.2006

garfield mornings

i made the best cup of coffee EVER today.

it's a good thing too because I had a hard time getting going this morning. I stayed up a little late to be sure that the Colts beat the Giants.

It was really a football weekend. I watched the Opener at my brother's house, then went to my friend's for the Ohio State game on Saturday. Yesterday, the Eagles wasn't on regular TV here, so I went to this bar that claimed to have the Sunday Ticket, but it wasn't working and they didn't tell me until after I got a drink!! So, I drank it really fast, then went two other places before I found somewhere to watch. There was a roomful of Eagles fans there (probably about 15 or 20 people) so I guess I went to the right place. I missed the 4:00 game because I was talking with Johnny and then went to the Ohio Roller Girls Championship game.

I promise I won't talk about football all the time for four months, but I am really excited.

I'm also excited about learning some Italian. I feel really motivated about it right now, so I am trying to incorporate some language learning into my schedule. I have a podcast to listen to on my way to/from work and then some online lessons to do at home. I requested some parallel text and kids books from the library, so I'm hoping to work up to some reading. Does anyone have any additional suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been on a learning Spanish kick myself, and am doing the flashcards here: http://www.declan-software.com. They also have Italian. They seem pretty decent.

dewey said...

Great! thank you!