9.01.2006

she's gone... oh-wah

I took Johnny to the airport yesterday morning. It was emotional and sad, but I know she's going to have a great time. I think, by now, that she is probably in Italy, but I don't think she'll have computer access until Monday sometime.

Afterward, I went home and got on the old computer to try and get some work done, but something happened and I think I sent the computer into kernel panic because it wouldn't start back up (I just printed out a bunch of help information, so I have some things to try later tonight). I'm supposed to be getting a laptop from work to use for a while, but right now I am computerless, and it's weird. I don't want to have to go back to the library to use the computer, although it is really nice to have that option.

I got my second article proposal accepted! Now, neither of them are done and accepted for sure, but it is pretty exciting to be on the way to publication and fulfilling my tenure-track requirements. I have two impending deadlines now, so the extra free-time will certainly be put to good use. On that, and my fantasy football team - Go Busters!

No comments: