1.10.2007

finally winter

It snowed last night. Not a lot, but enough to keep Zoey out playing in it for at least 45 minutes. It hasn't yet melted either, which means it is cold outside.

Ever since we got that insulation last year, it is much warmer inside the house. I was looking at the chart on the gas bill and we are using a THIRD of the gas we used last year at this time. A third!! Not only are we saving the money, but I feel a little less wasteful.

Speaking of wasteful, how long do you think you should keep veggie chili mac in the fridge? It's been there since Sunday. I'm really bad at throwing-food-out timelines, but this site says 3-4 days for soups in the fridge. I guess I need to have it for lunch today. Then for dinner, I want to make this cozy veggie soup. I'm not sure why Howstuffworks.com has recipes, but whatevs.

2 comments:

dj love said...

yeah i would say 3-4 days, just to be safe. glad you are cozy in this cold. i have been swearing all day at the fucking freezing wind in brooklyn. i hate it.

Scootking said...

i would eat, what can possibly go wrong with mac and cheese and veggie chili?