1.19.2007

Seattle

My flight yesterday was really freakin' long. There aren't any direct flights from Columbus to Seattle, so I had a 4 hour flight to Salt Lake City, a 2 hour layover and then a 2 hour flight here. The first flight was hilarious, you'd think that it was a plane full of first-time fliers. There was a little kid behind me, which seemed acceptable, but there was this woman who actually yelled out "oh shit" when we took off.

I got checked into our swanky hotel and went for a walk to the Pike Street Market. It is pretty nice and I picked up a bottle of wine for Johnny's arrival today. I met up with our friend M, who lives here now, and I went to dinner with her and a friend of hers, then to her place to get ready for one of the monthly queer parties that occur here. It was super fun, I drank-n-dialed Jess because I saw someone drinking Sparks and forgot my camera. I got home pretty late (especially since I am on Eastern time) so I took my time getting to the registration.

So, the registration has been completed and I have my first meeting to get to. Go Librarians!

No comments: