1.12.2006

I want some.

you would never know it by reading, but i actually do have other things to do than talk about my job (which is still good, thanks).

My sister-in-law has some kind of sweet hook up with Whole Foods where she has become a part of the almost-ready-to-go-bad food pipeline and we get to reap the benefits. We got "a shipment" Tuesday night and as I type, I am eating a delicious piece of pecan pie. This morning I had an organic mixed berry harvest muffin and some yummy bean and rice thing for lunch. Whenever we pick up food, we always get some for our pals and so we dropped some off at ScootKing's house while they were out seeing Eve Ensler's show, The Good Body. The next day she emailed me to say thanks and we were talking about the show and all. Our email conversation went a little something like this:


    Me: Yeah, I wanted to go to that, but I never got around to getting tickets or whatever.

    ScootKing: You should do it. It is so great!! We really loved it [and etc.].


4 to 7 minutes pass...


    [Phone rings.]

    Me: Hello?

    SK: Hey. I just won tickets to see The Good Body tonight, do you want them?

    Me: huh? won? what?

    SK: Yeah, I was just sitting here surrounded by dips and salsa and good bread and the radio said it was giving away tickets. I thought "I've got to win these!" so I called and I won!



Such is the way with ScootKing. This woman has the most uncanny ability to win stuff. Johnny says she also always gets really good parking spots.

We went to the show, obviously, and it was really great. I highly recommend it to anyone who has the chance to go.

1 comment:

Bevin said...

Okay, FREE tickets to see the Good Body (which were almost $100 here per ticket) AND a Whole Foods pipeline!?! You guys are living the LIFE.

Miss you!!

xoxox,

Bevin