1.25.2006

works is busy

My new job is busy. I have been tossing around the idea of getting a Treo Palm to deal with the calendar. It is very exciting, in a office/paperwork/non-Hollywood kind of way, and I am so glad. I just can't believe how lucky I am to have gotten out of The Cataloging Factory relatively unscathed.

Today is my "Research Day" when I am supposed to take time to do research to work toward tenure. It's hard. I came in and actually worked half of the day on this giganto problem with the accounting unit and now I have to figure out when to re-allocate my research time.

In the meantime, I will think about planning for our trip to Chicago! We are taking my brother and sister-in-law for their xmas present at the end of next month. So far, we know we are going to Second City and to some steakhouse or something where they got a gift certificate, and maybe to Millenium Park.
Does anyone have any other suggestions for fun things to do while we are there?

2 comments:

Bevin said...

Get a tattoo? Or if you want to be all gay, go shopping in boy's town. GREAT costume stores there. And shoe stores!!

dj love said...

i am so jealous if you get a treo
so fancy

as for chitown
might i suggest some stuffed pizza at lou malnati's?

and i LOVE lake shore drive-just driving down it. you could go to navy pier and be able to look at the lake.

oh my god and then there are million amazing museums: art institute, museum of science and industry, field museum.

ok now you are too busy. have fun.