8.28.2006

tent palace

We took Zoey on her first camping trip last weekend. She was really great, and I considered writing this entire post from her point of view, but then I realized that even if it ended up being kinda funny, it would probably come off being a little too dog-focused, in that weird I-am-obsessed-with-my-pet kind of way.

We went to Happy Hills with Sony and Lou. Sony had prepared all this fancy food ahead of time, including homemade macaroni salad and some chicken and shrimp vegetable stuff that ended up on kabobs. On Saturday we went kayaking (because they were out of canoes at the time we got there) and Zoey totally rode in the kayak with Johnny for the whole 5 mile trip. She just sat there all calm, like she'd done it every single day, but barked at the dumb asses who were drunk and jumping out of trees into the river.

It only rained saturday night and some of sunday morning, but we were all tarped out and fully prepared.

I found out that the coffee shop at work leaves next week. That means there is only 5 more days of excessively convenient coffee.

I joined the Librarian Fit Club in order to address some of the issues very aptly reflected by Scootking in her recent post (except that I am not even close to being as active as she is). You should do it too. It will be more fun if we know one another too, don't you think?


I just spilled tea on my shirt. Arg.

2 comments:

dj love said...

i too have developed "the spread" though i like to call it "the muffin top" and i have much more than five pounds to lose. i carry my weight in my upper body so i tell everyone i am looking more and more like spongebob squarepants everyday. hawt!

Anonymous said...

thanks for your support! it's day four and that feels good.

the fitclub is a little confusing to me ... i will have to explore.