7.27.2005

Books and benefits

I finally got my public library card! I was in a rush, so I only got some music and a book on tape for our trip, which we completely didn't listen to. Next visit will be for books, although I currently have 2 books in line, one borrowed and one that was thoughtfully sent to me by an old coworker. I love getting mail.

There is a library of books and DVDs here. When the vendor sends things to be cataloged, we end up keeping them and they are on loan right from the department! There are lots of kids movies and romance novels, neither of which are things I frequently enjoy, but it is nice to know they are there. There is a corporate library in another building, but I haven't been there yet.

I also setup my access to the gym. I just have to wait for my ID to be activated before I can start going. There is a sauna and a steam room (I just found out the difference ) and a variety of shampoos and soaps to enjoy, in case you forget yours. Oh, and Johnny can also come for free.

The news said it is very hot in Philly. I'm sorry, in an empathetic way.

2 comments:

dewey said...

you could get one too...well, not here, but you know.

Anonymous said...

Something about setting up a membership in a new library makes me all tingly. yay for you!

I love steam! Even steamy hot days. But today is much less humid and just beautiful.