7.14.2005

Displaced

I don't yet have my own workstation, so I have been sitting in someone else's while she is on maternity leave. She has such items as:
Pictures of teddy bears torn from a calendar
A heart-shaped wooden plaque (hanging by a pink ribbon) with the words "One caring heart warms many lives"
Silk flowers adorned with fake dew
A pink crocheted computer cozy, with matching doilies under the paper trays
Footprints!

So, you might get a sense of what I am up against here.

They are putting in the new cubes today (I think), so once the computers arrive, I will be able to move (and customize!)

Also, if anyone knows of interesting internet radio stations, news shows or whatever, can you tell me? I only have 2000 or so songs on my ipod, and I don't want to get tired of listening to them. Unfortunately, there is not networked itunes here to break things up.

3 comments:

serraerica said...

Cube Rights Now!
Cube Rights Now!
Dewey try launchcast radio from yahoo its free with only a few annoying commercials. You make your own station or listen to other stations I find the fan stations for artists that you like to be good right now my favorites are the michael jackson station and the smiths station. You can search for an artist to see what stations exist for them.How the Hell are you guys,miss you.

Cube Rights Now!

Anonymous said...

dearest dewey:
may i suggest soma fm (http://www.somafm.com/). i enjoy these stations because they play a lot of interesting, offbeat music. and, their holiday station that comes up around christmas time is AWESOME. it's not your typical kind of internet radio station.

miss you guys!

<3
haywood

p.s. i got a little bit of a different haircut this week. i also got blood red highlights in my hair. it's exciting. i am kind of growing a pseudo-mullet. the seeds have been planted and i am just waiting for it to bloom.

Bevin said...

I have tried to cultivate a mullet free home and see what happens?

Anyway. I think you should crochet something all hella bad ass for your computer. Like a skull and crossbones cozy.