9.23.2005

Donovan, I have missed you

I went to meet my dad last night to see a movie at the $1.50 theatre and on my way home Johnny's car broke down. My phone was dead so I had to walk. I was going down the ramp, realizing that my chances of being picked up by someone not-scary were slim, when my wildest dreams (at the time) were answered by a very nice couple in their 60s, who took me to the gas station and let me use their cell phone. What a relief.

In honor of The Nicest Couple of All-Time, I feel moved to drink coffee and eat a donut at 10:00, the coffee hour!

For you football fans, we totally got the NFL Sunday Ticket!! They came to install on Wednesday, so now we have about 4 million channels as part of our limited-time promotion, including the Eagles! Whoo-hoo! We missed the last 2 games because people around here want to watch the Bengals, Browns, or the Steelers, for some reason. So now, Johnny and I can watch all the NFL Sunday action we can take. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good for you two! I am in a
Fantasy Football league for the first time and it's making football-watching all the more rich an experience!

I'm glad a nice couple stopped to help you. When I started reading, I expected your old friend Donovan to have serendipitously driven by and seen you and picked you up! Doh!

Anonymous said...

Yay for NFL ticket! Go Eagles!