9.19.2005

Whirlwind

Thursday night I set out with my brother, sister-in-law and 2 nieces (1 and 4 years old) to southwestern WVa to visit my sister, brother-in-law and The Tiniest Baby Of All Time. She is precious and 6 pounds (just a little bigger than a small white dog I know) and slept, ate & cried pretty much the whole time. The 1-year-old niece looked like a giant ogre next to her. But a cute one.

We came back on Saturday afternoon and I learned that Johnny had somehow scored tickets to see The Kinsey Sicks , who are a "Dragapella Beautyshop Quartet." The show was incredible and very political and funny, which I always appreciate when packaged appropriately.

The next morning we got up early and drove to Pittsburgh to meet our former neighbors, the Goddess and the Man. We went to the Warhol museum, which I greatly enjoyed, and then to a diner, coffee shop, and some shopping. We found out that The Man's furniture business got a write up in Philadelphia Magazine's Home & Garden, which features a great picture of them and some of their work.

After that, Johnny and I went to IKEA (which is now a 3 hour trip away from our home, instead of about 5 minutes) and spent a bunch o money on curtains, a rug, a coffee table, and some other stuff I don't remember.

Today, when I went up to get my coffee, the Cafeteria Singer was breaking the 80s tradition by belting out a passionate rendition of "I Believe I Can Fly." I almost tipped her.

No comments: