9.15.2005

Fair Food and Foreigner

The Foreigner concert was so Freekin Fun. We went with our friends Jake and Leo and got there early enough to walk around and eat corn dogs, fries with vinegar, and caramel apples. As if that wasn't enough junk, we went in search of some popcorn, because it is the popcorn festival after all. We bought this $6 bag of freshly popped kettle corn that was literally the size of my right leg. We met up with my little sister and her boyfriend who offered to help us eat it and headed toward the Main Stage. I could hear people cheering and music playing as we approached. The first words I heard were, "Is everyone havin' fun? Does everyone have some popcorn?". I knew immediately that the show was going to be awesome.

There was a great crowd of all kinds of people (kids, parents, grandparents, bikers, us) and they played all the hits I could ever think of from my childhood. There was maybe one song that i didn't know all the words to, and during that song we went to the ATM to get cash to buy our t-shirts (which I happen to be wearing at this moment).

I recorded some of the songs with my phone and here is a sample for you fans out there. (.wav) You can hear us screaming in the din.

Here is also a very poor quality photo taken with my phone:



but you get the idea.

When we went to get the T-shirts, Johnny asked if they were vintage. Ha! The guy was like, uh, no. My co-worker asked me that same thing today, if I had it for a long time. I admitted that it was new and that i felt a bit like an imposter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i find it intriguing that your hometown has a popcorn festival. my hometown has never had any sort of interesting festivals. in fact, i don't think my hometown has ever had any kind of festival ever.

can't wait to see you at your party.......

Anonymous said...

i gotta say that listening to your .wav clip totally brought back so many great memories. thanks for sharing that whole experience! y040DXU

Bevin said...

Last night on the news they totally said how Emily is the most popular girls name from last year. I thought of your neice.