9.01.2005

What about the bus?

So gas prices are on the rise, which wasn't a big deal for me when I lived in Philly, but here I think I go through about a tank every 10 days and I get pretty good gas mileage. I have looked into riding the bus to work, but it would result in a 1 1/2 hour ride that takes me downtown and then into the suburbs where I work. Each way. Today I wrote a letter to the bus company to tell them they needed to take advantage of the gas situation to expand their service. I offered to meet with a representative, so I hope they take me up on it. It would be really great not to have to drive every single place.

Our floors are now sanded and they are looking quite nice. The refinisher-man will be putting the first coat of finish on today, and the cats are locked in the basement. He told Johnny we'd be able to walk on it this evening. He'll do another coat tomorrow and then it has to sit a couple of days before we put furniture on it.

The weather is doggone beautiful. 80 and sunny all through next week! I am so glad that we have Monday off so I can start doing yard work. All the rain is going to make the plants really grow, so I want to intervene before it becomes out of control. What's everyone else doing this weekend?

1 comment:

Bevin said...

miss you!!