10.18.2005

the good, the bad and the speckled

The trip to Philly was extra-great and we were homesick from the moment we drove in. We got to stay at the lovely home of Erica and The Agent and to visit with many wonderful folks. I went to ye olde library job and went around to say hi to people. The best part was when someone asked me, "Wait, you don't work here anymore, do you?"

On Sunday we went to the Morning Glory for a fantastic breakfast, which was quickly ruined by a phone call from our cat-sitting friends telling us our house had been broken into the night before. Luckily (or not) we had an 8 hour drive to prepare for the shock and violation of someone going through our things.

There was some damage done to the back gate, but none to the back door where they entered. They stole our laptop, DVDs, CDs and our jewelry boxes. Johnny's was worth more than mine as it held every piece of sentimentality she'd been collecting since childhood. They also stole the change from my 4-year-old niece's pink Barbie purse she left here last weekend. Jerks.

Our response was swift. I had a security system guy come yesterday and give me his pitch, then we went and got a dog. Her name is Zoey Bella and she is 3 year-old Blue Heeler, house trained, well mannered, and so cute. She is afraid of the cats and whimpers whenever they block the entrance to a room she wants to go into. I will certainly be posting Cute Dog pictures in the future.

2 comments:

dewey said...

oh no! Okay, I have to change my commenting business now.

Bevin said...

OMG! That is awful and then great! Christ! I hope your HOI covered the laptop and everything. My mom's house just got broken into as well!

I am so in love with your new dog! She is the perfect size for you guys! Please measure her chest (the widest part of her chest around her shoulders) so that I can make a dogwarming sweater for her.