10.10.2005

Sniff.

After being rejected by our (now previous) vet, Johnny took Carrington to the Good Vet on Saturday at 1:15 because my family was coming over for housewarming/birthday celebrations. She called me around 2 to say that the vet was not sure whether she was treatable. I went down there and the vet explained that Carrington was severely ill and dehydrated and that her condition had probably progressed beyond repair. He could hear fluid swishing around in her abdomen and feared that she had FIP,a pretty serious and contagious disease.

After an extended conversation, we decided that it would be best to put her to sleep. I haven't ever had to do that before, and it was the saddest thing ever. She was sitting on Johnny's lap, all cute and yellow and skinny, and we petted her for probably an hour before we left. We promised her that we'd name another cat after her someday.

Rest in Peace, Carrington. We miss you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about Carrington, but it sounds like it was the right thing to do.

Bevin said...

That is so tragic and terrible!! Why do shitty things keep happening?

xoxo,

Bevin

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad now! I will tell little KZ about Carrington tonight when I get home. I know he will understand why you guys had to do that. I'm sure Carrington ended up in your backyard on purpose, who else would have cared for her so much and brought her some pleasure on what must have been some very painful and difficult final days?!

-your loyal RSS feed subscriber