12.01.2005

Hermey

I was watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer last night on TV with Johnny and Jake, and I was thinking about how a few years ago I was given the Hermey Bobblehead as a gift. I was getting all sentimental, like: "oh, i miss my friends from Philly," and "oh, I am going to miss winters in the city" and "oh, wasn't that a nice gift that time, because they somehow KNEW that i liked that aspiring dentist" and so on.

Then Johnny says to me, "Remember that time when we got you that Hermey bobblehead because your haircut looked like his?"

I pointed out that, NO, I didn't remember that, because no one ever TOLD me that was why I got it. I just thought people were being thoughtful. She lamely followed up with a downcast look and a "um, you looked cute with that haircut though..?"

It's snowing again.

Today I found out that Link Wray died last Sunday. The Goddess got Johnny and I to go see him a couple of years back at a place in Germantown. He had long silver hair, a motorcycle jacket and a rocking guitar. Here's to you, Mr. Wray.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i believe that i totally bought you that hermey bobblehead. and, i believe rachel and i gave it to you as a christmas present. and, i did NOT buy it because your haircut was similar to his.......i bought it because i noticed that you said he was your favorite character in rudolph.

i think johnny's just trying to stir shit up.........

dewey said...

I knew it!

Vindicated.

Anonymous said...

gordan you wimp!!! her hair was totally flipped up. What ever you christamas freak. Sure I am the bad guy you f'in puss ball.
anon

Bevin said...

Oh, Becky, I was at that Link Wray concert. I remember sitting out in the garden area with you guys. How sad. He had a good name.

And I remember that bobblehead. Didn't you get slippers, too.

dewey said...

you totally were! We drank beers and it was so fun.