12.08.2005

Red-faced, but not from the cold

My cell phone has always been an older model with no frills. So when we moved here and I got a new phone, I got one that takes photos and has fancy rings and everything (admittedly, because it was on sale).
I have, over time, been collecting sounds from people to customize as their rings or text message notifications, and so forth. I got the best one for Johnny here (.wav) which you really should listen to. You will really really love it.

I went to lunch a little bit ago and when I got back, I noticed that Johnny had called. As I was calling her back, I heard someone calling my name. I look around my cubicle and heard my neighbor say, "we like your ring." At first, I was thinking, I have never shown you my ring! But then I realize I had forgotten to silence my phone and the sound of Johnny's voice was echoing through the giant room of cubicles known as my workplace. This is the actual view from my cube, from about a foot and a half above my head.

If you didn't already listen to the ringer, do it now, while looking at this picture. My coworkers, who sit in the cubes next to me are ladies who have known one another for years, listen to the same soap opera every day and bring one another cakes for their birthdays. "We like your ring." hmph.

This is not the first time this has happened. I was buying opera tickets and it blared out at the box office. I was carpooling with my coworker and she practically ran off the road in shock. I guess what I am getting at is that I am now officially recruiting for more embarrassing rings to assign to your call. I will also accept photos.

3 comments:

Bevin said...

THAT is hilarious!! I think you should get Erica to sing "I like it".

Do you use my text message noise?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxooxoxoooooooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dewey said...

Of course I do! Everytime anyone texts me (except christie, who has her own) i hear "Ha-Cha"

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Lipby said the same thing about the Eagles. grr.