5.05.2006

denver v. 2

Red Rocks was super beautiful. It was raining, so we didn't exactly get to enjoy the full splendor, but Jess got some great photos which she will post shortly. After that, we just came back and went to bed.

This morning we got up and went to the hotel fitness center, which was about 15 degrees hotter than any room in a hotel ever is, and about 30 degrees hotter than any gym should be. The first session was Robin Sloan (who I keep wanting to call Robin Leach) and he showed us the Googlezon video, which he helped produce. He talked about the "scary future" of technology and how much things can change in such a short time, specifically from now until 2014.

After that were two shorter sessions, one on Blogs, wikis and podcasting and the other on the ERM and integration with the current ILS. I finally met this guy I always email and we set up a meeting for Thursday for an issue that has been outstanding at my work for about, oh, a year. It was quite a coup for me, especially if all goes well in the meeting.

Tonight, we might try to find a sushi restaurant and then go to the Denver Art Walk. Then, later, there is a queer ladies party that I am dragging Jess to. We'd been discussing how to get other queer ladies in attendance here to come with us. There is a bulletin board, but I didn't really want to post a sign that said:
QUEER LADIES
or:
QUEERS
or:
GAYS
or even worse:
LESBIANS

I finally settled on a graphical notice, an inverted triangle next to a women's symbol. I was still embarrassed to actually hang it up, but I did, then ran away real quick. We'll see if anyone shows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Lesbians" seems like a dirty word anymore.