5.10.2006

I almost pasted an email here instead of this post

that would have been the most boring post ever. Thank god I caught that.

Yesterday and today I am in an ILS admin training in lovely Bowling Green. The training is really interesting, but some of it is still review, thanks to my former boss and coworkers. I am glad I came, it's been a good opportunity to get to know some of the people who I will likely see again next weekend at IUG, back in Denver.

In addition to us library-types, there is a FirePerson training school happening here. The students are on break and I went to the Union to get some coffee, but I couldn't figure out where all the men in jeans were coming from. One of them struck up a conversation with me in the hotel elevator. He threw around lots of fireperson jargon, like "controlled burn" and something about rescue, or whatever. I guess I was supposed to be impressed, but I can't remember what about.

On my way home, I am likely to stop and see my parents for a little bit. I haven't seen them in a while, and both their birthdays are this month. We are taking my mom to dinner Friday night after the fashion show at Johnni's school. My mom wants me to help her pick out what to wear - I thought that was cute.

No comments: