5.04.2006

I'm cold.

I arrived this morning in Denver at around 9:20 or so, their time. I guess that is 11:20 Eastern? Also, by the way, for those of you who don't know, Ohio is in the same time zone as Philadelphia. I guess that is rare knowledge on the east coast.

The opening remarks for the conference start at 3:45, I think, and after that we go to Red Rocks for a dinner and some scenery. I had a little time to kill after I got here.
I got˜ to the hotel, but I couldn't check in yet because it was only 10 am here. I asked if there was somewhere I could eat and have free internet, and the hotel desk lady told me that "there is internet access in the hotel but it is $2.95 for the first minute and $0.25 for each additional minute." I was a little shocked to hear this. It was even more surprising when I found out that there is free wireless access at the 16th street Mall, where I am now.


There is also a free hybrid/electric powered bus running up and down the mall (to the right in the picture), so I might jump on that to see what is here.

It is a little chilly, but I felt rude taking up table space in Suzy Q, the place where I had a delicious avocado sandwich and cream of broccoli soup for my first lunch. I am planning to eat again in a couple of hours, maybe once Jess gets here. It is in this same deli where I realized that my zipper had been down since I used the bathroom on the plane, which means that my confident walk through the airport, my inquiry about the internet access, and my friendly conversation with the woman at the visitor's center were all marred by the zipper thing.

No comments: