3.02.2006

Running off

Last night after Johnny got home, she was holding the door open to bring in her paintings and Zoey ran out. She sped across the street and down the alley. Johnny went looking for her (and got gas in the truck) but no luck. She came back, but like 20 minutes later. I wish that I had more confidence in her ability to look both ways before crossing the street. I know she would love to just run and run. I think she misses the farm life.

Today my friend Sanj from the cataloging factory got married. She and her (now) husband, Coop, had this big production at the courthouse, where about 25 people showed up in fancy outfits and took photos of them with the justice-of-the-peace (who, by the way, made several inappropriate comments about Sanj making dinner every night and about Coop trying to run away). We all laughed politely and took pictures around him.

There I also saw some women I've known for about...oh, maybe 10 years, that I hadn't seen since my girlfriend at the time and I broke up in 1997 or whatever. That was fun, and it was strange because they look exactly the same. Not older or anything. It gives me hope for when I am nearing 40.

This saturday they are having a big reception dinner at a restaurant, on the same night as Leo's birthday dinner!! We RSVP'd for the wedding some time ago, so we are going to that but then going dancing with Leo, et al., which will fully rock.

No comments: