3.27.2006

birthday sweepstakes

Oh my. This had to be my best birthday yet.

I worked on Thursday, my actual birthday, because I was taking the other days off. I had a meeting with this woman from Japan about our institutional repository (not suppository, or toilet, by the way) and she completely brought a gift (a cute little scarf)! I was so excited that I didn't even get to tell her that it was also my birthday. Also, the Director of the Libraries actually stopped into my office after getting some coffee. That is a benefit of having the coffee shop office, for sure.

I got home and Duke had just arrived. I also had a fabulous birthday present from Bevin, which I will certainly post a photo of, so everyone can appreciate the fabulousness. We got ready and went to dinner with our young friend A. We had delicious thai food and met up with Pilgrim for ice cream after. I was too full to eat any ice cream, but we decided to go for a beer, which I was not too full for. We went to the Surly Girl and met up with Lacy Coxx, her GF, and a couple of others. That was truly fun and then we went home.

Friday I drank two cups of full-on caffeinated coffee so Duke and I talked non-stop for a couple of hours while I made a cake and did dishes. I checked my email and saw that there was a special birthday video from ScootKing and Leo via Portland (see March 24). Then Johnny came home and we went to Pilgrim's for desserts and playing with the baby. I knew that J. Gordon and Jess Webb were supposed to arrive that night, probably around 11 or 12, but there were many text messages with regard to status, etc. We left Pilgrim's at around 12:30 when I was nearly asleep on the couch. We got back and they STILL hadn't arrived. I got a second wind and vacuumed the living room. Johnny announced that they were here so we ran outside and looked for them. I ran to the car and saw that THERE WERE TWO OTHER PEOPLE IN THE CAR! Erica and The Agent has snuck their way to Ohio and were totally in attendance. Jess had stopped for Sparks, so we cracked open a few and stayed up late.

Saturday was a full day. The Agent and I dropped Zoey off at the questionable kennel and took a quick tour of the campus at the cataloging factory. By the time we got back, Johnny had packed up a bag for me and sent Jess, The Agent and I off for the day. It was all planned in advance and all unknown to me. Our first step was to go to this random address. We pulled up in front of the place, and it was someone's house! I wasn't sure what to do, but The Agent assured me it was okay by informing me that we were there for massages and hot tubbing and relaxation-by-magazine looking. I don't need to say how great it was. Then, we took off for sushi and sashimi at the newly renovated japanese restaurant and then we went to see a movie!

We headed back toward home and as we pulled up, I noticed Jupiter (the cat) in the alley. I jumped out to get him, and waited for the rest before going inside. I am glad I waited, because there was A DJ IN OUR HOUSE. My brother, Sil, and family were there and a variety of others, including food and all kinds of excitement. Sil made me this fancy birthday cake and we danced and drank and had so much fun. My Best Friend From High School also came. Here are some selected photos which don't actually represent the entire evening because many hours passed until I remembered to take some photos, and then many passed after I forgot again. [Edit: I forgot to mention that Johnny's cousin and her bf came from DC, just for the party! It was great to see them, and it was such a surprise.]

Anyway, most everyone left on Sunday and i spent the day sleeping and cleaning until Lacy and her sick GF arrived to watch the Sopranos and the Most Awful Season Finale Of All Time with us.

I wish everyday was birthday sweepstakes. Thanks everyone for coming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is some cake! Glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Anonymous said...

it took me a few days to recover from all of the sparks that i consumed. i had a GREAT time though......

Bevin said...

OMG, Becky Happy Birthday again!! I am so happy to have been the special recipient of drinking and dialing at your birthday party and totally glad you loved your present! See you very soon!!!

xoxoxoxoxxo