3.01.2006

What fun

Oh my. So here many days have passed.

We went to Chicago with the Bro and Sil, and it was really fun. We went to this overpriced steakhouse place and ate food that was quite good, but still overpriced. Then, we went to Second City. Dudes, if you ever get a chance to go, you completely should. It was so fun and funny that we went back again the next night for the free improv hour. That alone made we want to move there. Or Toronto, or NY, or Detroit.
We also went to the Contemporary Art Museum where they had a surprise piece by Johnny's fave artist, Lee Bontecou. We saw Gehry's Millennium Park and shared a hot dog with all kinds of stuff on it.

We boarded Zoey for the first time. It was a little sad because she clearly didn't want us to leave her there, but everything went fine, obviously. She was a little crazy when she came home, ran around and chewed up an (empty) box of girl scout cookies. Overally, I'd say it was a success. At least we ate the cookies first.

Last night was muy exciting because we bought our first computer! Can you believe that neither Johnny nor I has ever had to purchase a computer yet in our nearly 60 years (combined)? We saved a little cash and went on over to the Apple store and I am now sitting in a freakin' coffee shop typing on this fancy new iBook, instead of doing my research like I am supposed to. Woo!

Ok. My Birthday is totally coming up and we are having a party. I am just saying that I want you to come, but please don't talk to me about it! I want it to be a surprise if you pop in, so make arrangements with Johnny if you can (please?) come. I promise that we will visit my library and go to Waterbeds-n-Stuff . It will be so fun. Also, if you are going to come early or stay late, mention that to Johnny too, so she can suggest that I take days off work as appropriate.

2 comments:

Bevin said...

Happy early birthday, Becks!!

dj love said...

welcome to the mac family sister
its a good place to be
love, dj