11.20.2006

O-H

The football game was way fun. I went with a group of people to the gayest boy bar ever, and it was bizarrely full of queer men in football jerseys and other fan gear. There was also a local celebrity in our midst. That jerk won the OSU pillow that I completely could have used for my upcoming trip (that, by the way, I leave for in less than 2 weeks!!!). I drank a lot and was in bed by 10 pm.

It has happened that my family is coming to my house on saturday for thanksgiving dinner. I'm brining a turkey, making a pie from scratch (like, from a pumpkin), and steaming broccoli. I am oscillating between macaroni and cheese and this recipe in Metropolitan Home for coconut cashew rice. What do you think, mac & cheese, or rice?

5 comments:

dj love said...

mac and cheese-100%

that was a great game, wasn't it?
we watched it here in brooklyn with our friend nancy (an osu women's studies alum). she kept saying "it's anybodys game." we ate fake hot dogs in a blanket, ruffles and ranch dip. it was delish.

Anonymous said...

mac and cheese, though the rice dish sounds good for another time.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm still stuck on the gayest boy bar ever...Marshall said "He says that he feels like Susan Lucci, having lost [after being nominated for an Emmy] both times," and he has "a weakness for an enormous burrito"!!!! Oh my goodness.

I vote for mac and cheese--though I am making rice for my sister's family, who's visiting!

Anonymous said...

Why not make both?

Okay, if I had to choose-- mac and cheese!

dewey said...

re: marshall, I know! I was a little concerned about "outing" marshall on my shockingly popular blog, but then i saw his personal site with all the broadway musical references and put that fear promptly to rest.