11.27.2006

success

The mac and cheese was a hit! Thanks you guys!

The other food was good too, except that the pie I made was too custardy, but luckily I was the only one who tried it (my mom made this wonderful cheesecake that always steals the dessert show) so I just tossed it out. My brother and sister-in-law did pretty much every dish, which was awesome, so I just packed up the leftovers and sent them away.

Why, you ask?

Because I leave for Italia in tre giorni!! Johnny and I reviewed our itinerary today and added two additional cities because there is only one day that we can get in to see the Last Supper non-fresco, and it wasn't the day we originally planned to be in Milan. We will, therefore be adding a quick stop in Verona and La Spazia.

I am so excited.

I started packing up a little today and I am trying to take only a backpack and a small messenger-style bag. It's 18 days though. I'm trying anyway.

Here's a question. Do I take my winter coat (wool peacoat-style) with me or not? It's upper 40s-50s in Milan (north) and in the 60s in Rome and Naples. My other option is to take a denim jacket or something and layer it up. Or maybe I could take Johnny's jacket (lined, I'll have to ask). But the real question is, will I be more mad if I have to carry it around all the time, or if I am chilly?

WWYD?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should leave your coats at home, bring some money, and buy yourself a nice Italian jacket if you end up needing one! You should probably bring an anorak/windbreaker though.

dj love said...

how exciting for you! i am with everyone else on bringing layers and if you are cold you can always get something there. when we went to italy for a conference, i bought a rolly suitcase near the vatican to fill with italian wine to bring home. the guy i bought it from asked me to marry him.

also, no worries on packing for 18 days. we just brought carry ons for 10 days and ended up washing our clothes. in tourist-y areas its really pricey, BUT we always had our luggage, whereas our friends lost theirs and had to wear the same fucking clothes for three days until their luggage met us in florence.

have fun, be safe and take lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

i'm voting with dj on this one: layer! and you can buy an extra layer if you really need to.

i'm so excited for you & christie!

xoxo

Bevin said...

You don't need a peacoat for that weather.

Bring a nice warm (maybe ultra fleece or some other bullshit from REI) scarf and hat, that will make all the difference if you're cold and stuff it in a small pocket.

OMIGOD have so much fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

Layers. No question.

Have a great time in Italia! Buon viaggio!