11.06.2006

West coast sun

I'm in Emeryville, near San Francisco for a training for work. The weather is marvelous, it is about 70 and sunny - a far cry from the freezing temperatures in the o-to-the-h. I seem to have pretty good luck here with weather -- the last time I came was in June and it was uncharacteristically in the uppper 80s.

There's a full moon and it was shining across the bay as i rode the shuttle to the hotel. it was completely lovely and started me thinking about my upcoming trip to italy, where i hope to see many georgeous things. I woke up early (for here) and saw the sun rise.

At the training, i ran into a certain red-haired person who i used to work with, which was a nice surprise! we might try to have dinner.

does anyone have suggestions for areas of SF to go to for shopping? I'm hoping to go to a few local/interesting stores, but i'm not sure where to go, so if you have suggestions, please comment.

1 comment:

dj love said...

i really like the mission district for shopping. like on valencia. lots of good used book stores. i imagine there are more and more boutiques and stuff there now too. i am not certain. you should stop by the women's building on 19th too-near dolores park (i think). also in the mission. it is covered in an amazing mural all about powerful women. lastly, i enjoy some of the used clothing joints along market street in the castro. one is called buffalo exchange (i think) and i forget the other one. but i used to get some very affordable teacher clothes there. say hi to sf for me. so jealous.