4.21.2006

be there or be un-smooth

Jess Webb told me this today:
...Southwest Airlines will launch new flights from Philadelphia to Columbus (thrice-daily)[...]starting July 2...


Yes!! Do you realize what this means? That you can come to jetgirl! Johnnie and ScootKing are planning the best thing that Columbus has seen since the 90s. The way I understand it, it will be a monthly party with DJs, dancing, performances, and other great stuff.

I was thrilled to hear about this idea because, even though I am 30 and approaching old, the shocking lack of fun queer-woman social activities glared out at me as soon as we moved back here. There is an equally shocking number of queer women here, but everyone just stays home I guess, because there isn't anything fun to do. Those days are now over, thank god. I will give you the website and details once I have them so you can start planning.

Since I am on a smooth-related kick, I will offer you my latest smoothie recipe, which, I must say, is Divine:
2 kiwi (peeled, of course)
1/4 cantelope (or musk melon, as my dad calls it)
1/2 scoop soy protein powder
water & ice

if you weren't sure your blender could do the fabulous things mine is doing now, put your fears aside and get some kiwi and cantelope. you won't be sorry.

No comments: