4.07.2006

now it is raining

i charged up the batteries so that I could get some nice shots of the yard, but it keeps getting dark at night, and today I was inside while it was 78 degrees outside and when I left work it started raining.

So you are stuck with these:

Here, Zoey's left ear is curved like a bull horn, but in retrospect, I'm not sure I captured the true hilarity of it.


Here, Puck is the softest model cat, as usual, but he is blurry.


Here is a through-the-rain "before" shot of our yard in early spring. I am hoping to be able to capture various "during" and "after" shots as the season progresses.

I planted some garlic in the fall and it is coming up nicely. I don't know how long I have to wait until I can harvest it, but I think it might be a little while. In this picture, it is in the brownish area directly to the right of the yellow forsythia bush:


Tomorrow, I am going to visit my grandma and go to a baby shower for my friend from Kindergarten. She wore note earrings and sat at the cats table with me. In my class, there was a Dogs, Cats, and Rabbits table where we were arranged by body size. I'm not sure that would fly today.
Note Earrings called me on my birthday (which she didn't really know was my birthday, although she knew it was in March) to tell me she'd had a son and since he was born in March, she thought of me.

How strange is all this? My BF from high school, and now this baby? Anyway, she had this dramatic f-ed up situation with the father and now is living above a funeral home and cleaning for the rent, which actually seems to be a pretty good deal. I have to admit I am pretty excited to see the baby. His name starts with a Q, and if you are the first to guess it, I will send you an apple cake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

quentin?

Anonymous said...

Deweydew-- I want to send an invite to you, and I don't have a current email addy. Can you send me yours?

Bevin said...

I was going to say Quinn.

That is the name of my cousin's baby. I wanted that for a name first, but now I can't use it.

It was also the name of the boy I had a crush on for 5 years in high school/middle school so I guess that would be weird, too.