4.25.2006

ohh, my belly

Today, I am in a level 2 training class for Microsoft Access, kindly purchased by my employer. I had to drive out by the cataloging factory to get here.

Our instructor seems like a nice enough guy, but maybe a little ill-prepared. He has long wavy air in a ponytail and his self-described catch-phrase is "So far, so good." He loves Excel, apparently, because it has kinda been going like this:

Ponytail: Now we will go over [topic]. Does anyone use excel a lot?

3 middle aged women, me, and someone else roughly my age: [no response]

Ponytail: [Switching to excel] Here is how this works...[gives demo]...and it works the same way in Access.

And just now, he was leaning over the woman in front of me and said, "You're wearing Elizabeth Taylor's Passion, aren't you?" This launched a fairly lengthy conversation about the sense of smell as a memory trigger and the length and quality of his past relationships.

We talked about the recent Sopranos episode (we agreed it was sporadic and a little uncomfortable) and he showed us all photos of his recent trip to Utah.

There were a couple of times where I started feeling a little uncomfortable while he floundered around, so I answered a few questions for him. In spite of that, I am learning quite a bit. There was this database set up before I got here and I have some good ideas on how to clean it up.

So far so good, right?

Well, here's the thing. They have a free snack room. Yeah. Here is what I have eaten so far today:

    2 cups (half-full) coffee (with caffeine)
    Nature's Valley Peanut Butter Granola Bar
    caramel squares
    sour apple Jolly Rancher
    Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie

Then we went to lunch. I felt a little bad about my stomach being so full of crap so I went to the grocery store and got sushi. I got back and felt like a snack, so I had:

    1 cup coffee ( half-full, with caffeine)
    1 bag animal crackers

However, I did, somehow, resist the Welch's Fruit Snacks. Blah. I just know if I can get home and make a smoothie, everything will be okay.

2 comments:

Bevin said...

Crazy with the smoothies!!

Anonymous said...

oh, becky....how i miss your antics....

p.s. we've set the date for the party. it will be on sat., may 27th at my apartment - BYOB and 80s dress required.

p.p.s. dana said that she wouldn't miss it because she misses you guys.